What is Ascend?
Ascend is a powerful yet lightweight library for creating rich 3D .NET applications, designed with Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) and Model-View-ViewModel (MVVM) in mind. Ascend was built to be simple. That is, it exposes a small set of classes and methods
for creating and manipulating 3D models, both animated and static. It also integrates with Blender, providing the ability to export models from Blender to the Ascend model format (.asc) for use in Ascend applications.
To get started simply download Ascend
view the documentation
- A 3D scene graph with easy-to-use scene nodes:
- AnimatedSceneNode, for animating:
- Scene node mouse events
- Blender integration
- Blender plug-in for exporting:
- Texture coordinates
- Rigid animation (position, rotation, scale)
- Bone animation
- Turntable mouse camera control
- Bundled model-viewing application, AscendViewer, for previewing models and animations before writing code